Skip to main content

My First Interview for Marriage Proposal

I was recovering from my viral fever & all hats of to my mom whose efforts had made me recovered so quickly. My platelet counts had gone below the standard mark & I had to take off from my office for almost 2 weeks. I informed my father about illness & requested if they can come for a while to take care of me. Since my mother is a heart patient so we generally avoid giving her shock or any such news which disturbs her. My father told her that we are going to Gurgaon for a while to meet Tinku & will stay for atleast 2-3days. (Tinku is my pet name, so don’t make a joke of it ok.) My mother was over surprised because my father hardly gets space/ time from his job. He loves his job more than my mother, so it was hard for my mother to swallow it so quickly. She had the only thought in her mind was of marriage proposal, she had been dreaming for my marriage for more than a year. Reality was hard for her to see as she got to know about my illness only when she arrived at my place. Nobody knew that her intuitions will really come live.

22nd Aug. in the evening when my pops called me up & said boy- your kundali’s have matched with this girl Indu Sharma. I had already gone through her profile before, although the picture which came along with the profile send by her father was little casual but her qualifications & her working attracted me a lot. This profile was few of the profile which had been approved by my grand papa; else all other girls where I had shown my interest had been rejected by him. My Father & Indu’s father had a telephonic communication & they decided that kids who have to marry must meet each other before this communication can be moved further. My father gave me Indu’s number & asked to give her a call in the morning as she had a night shift for the week.

23rd Aug. I called up on Indu’s number at around 11am; it kept on ringing no reply from other side. I thought may be she would be busy some where; I called up again at around 1pm no reply from other side. I thought she might be sleeping. I called her again at 4pm, still no reply from other side, now this time I lost my patience & got irritated little & thought may be the girl is not interested. I called back my father & told him that she is not picking the call. My father told me to be patient & said that she must be sleeping after her night shift, so wait for her reply until evening. My cell rang at around 5pm & this time she was calling up. She said- Indu this side, we said hello to each other. She was having off for Thursday, Friday & for me it’s Sunday, so found it difficult to setup the meeting. Although she proposed that we can also meet on Sunday in between as she can try taking a break for an hour. The idea really suited for both of us, hence I said I will call you on Friday (27th Aug) to freeze the time for meeting on Sunday.

27th Aug. It was around 5pm when I dialed Indu’s cell, she picked up the call this time. I asked her that Sunday at 2pm would be fine with her? She said that would be fine with her. My mom was very keen meeting with Indu, although I personally didn’t want to take her along in our first meeting as both of us may not feel comfortable talking to each other.

29th Aug. I was really excited & little nervous as this was the first time I was going to meet a girl to discuss about our marriage. Lot of my friends have bad past experience where they had failed in such interviews, so I was little nervous. I got cleaned shaved & scrubbed my face with the scrubber so that my face have a glow to attract my lady. I picked up best short out of the bunch & my best jeans so I look smart enough with my sun glasses on. It was already 1:30pm by that time, I thought calling Indu that I was leaving for her office & if we can meet somewhere at Papa Johns for lunch. Indu’s Voice came from the other side, I said hello & told her that I am leaving from office. She replied oh you are coming ok, I thought for a while as if I am calling on the wrong time. May be she is not having any other appointment at this time.  She said ok please come my office is in tower B, please call me when you reach at office. I agreed & we disconnected the call.

I started from my place & on the way thought of giving some gift as token of our first meet, I picked up small chocolate pack along from a gift shop. I parked my bike in the parking & came at the place near tower B. I called up & she came within 5mins, there was a coffee shop nearby & she said let us move in here (my papa johns idea got flopped). She was wearing a white suit & looking very pretty in that suit. We passed a little smile to each other (I thought Kudee Hasee te fasse), we started with our communication slowly & steadily. The first thing she asked me- what are your expectations from your bride, i said i don't need a wife instead i need a life long friend with who i can share all my happiness as well as sadness. I think listening this her mood got changed a little & she found me little interesting & different than others. We took this communication further & we keep on talking, i thought of ordering something but unfortunately she may already had her lunch, so she just ordered for cold coffee & i ordered for tropical iceberg. 

We talked about our home, our family members, our hobbies, our likes & dislikes, the discussion slowly got interesting. Just for sake if she is feeling interesting or not, i saw my watch & said its already 3:20pm would you like to leave back for office, she said instead that her watch shows 3:05pm we can talk more. I got a little hint that we are having nice talks here. She asked me about my salary to which i replied her that the same question was asked by Bhabhi je (Brother's wife) to my brother & he replied that never ask as girl's age & neither ask salary of the boy, because in both the cases nobody says truth. She started laughing & had a very sweet smile to be captured in a camera. I was really delighted to meet her & now the time came to leave. I didn't asked her whats her reply & neither she said anything to me but still we were very much positive with this meeting & infact i was confident that she will surely give a green signal. On the way back, when i was leaving she got to remember her last important question that if i drink or smoke. I was expecting this question but seems got late, i replied as no i  don't drink & smoke. On the way back to home, i asked her for her chat account & thereafter we chatted on gmail again. I told her that i really liked her & i a giving my green signal to my parents & in return she is also replied the same........

Summary: Sabar ka faal meetha hota hai..........sometimes its really difficult to understand a person & sometimes its look like crystal clear without any doubts..........I think one hour we spend our body language spoke ore than our talks. I am sure Indu is going to kill me after reading this blog but she would definitely agree to my point & can add to it. There is always a fear among girls more than a boy about how her future husband will treat her after marriage & thats what we call respect. An important aspect of our etiquette 

 Marriage is a sacred bond between two souls, a relationship in which a male and a female promise to be companions for a life span after tying the nuptial knot. It brings significant stability and security in the relationships of human beings, which is otherwise incomplete. It is not only a union of two human beings but also of two families. Marriage to some extent cannot be successful without the blessings and consent of the members of the family. It doesn't matter whether it is a love marriage or an arranged marriage, the success of this relationship is all that matters.














Comments

Anonymous said…
hi devuuuuuuuuu...
kya baat hai..tumne to poori ki poori raam kahani likh di isme. Its too good to read and ( now I know what to do or not to do when i have to face such interview 6 or 7 years after...;p)
And its also true that sabra ka fal meetha hota hai, tum aur indu dono sabra karo , i will give u both a grand trip in my travel agency ( dont forget abt our deal)....dibbe
Devendra said…
Hi maahi........
I a very true with my blogs, so you must have find that whatever i had posted on my blog is a trailer of Arrange marriages......The way it happens in India......but by the time 6-7years later, i personally think that socially Arrange marriages will diminish......Even today the boys & Girls who are living in the metro's don't feel going for an arrange marriages because they don't want to marry someone whom they don't know at all. may be the only reason why arrange marriages live for long is that boy & girl don't know each other at all & it take the their life term to understand each other.

We are waiting for your Grand trip from maahi tour & travels.

Waise i had predicted that you will have a love marriage...........hehehehehehe
Don't call me Dibbe - maahi ke Bachee
Anonymous said…
Hi The blog is true and real.This is how it goes in arrange marraiges.Its a very difficult situation.When i saw u first it was like ok cos i guess u know very well, dont wanna share every thing with other.But when we started talking, there was no stopping.And i liked the way u talked.I felt as u hv the quaities i m looking for.so i said yes to ma family, and it was a big surprise for them,as i m very choosy.but i hope that u will always understand me and will keep me happy.Will try d same from my side as well
Devendra said…
Thanks Nikki......,
I had never been a true follower of arrange marriages & since y childhood i had been dreaming of love marriage.............but due to some happenings with me & few of my friends i lost the charm for Love marriage........
Anshu's marriage had changed my thought process a lot. Anshu & Shalu are best couples i had been with.....they fight with each other, they care for each other, they have a absolute chemistry an Husband-Wife must have......
I had tried all chemical reactions but their bonding is really something will remain all through their lives.....
I had started believing in Arrange marriages now...& Truely said RAB NE BANA DE JODIYAAN....
I am sure we will be good couples with God's Grace........Amen!
Indu said…
babu sachi 28th aug was best day of ma life as i met the most amezing person on this universe.u r so loving so charming...and i can go on and on praising u....
i am so thankful to god that he gave me a most beautiful and precious gift of my life..DEV.... lv u always.....

Popular posts from this blog

How to bring SMILE :-) when it is difficult to?

Its been longtime since i am writing this blog, there are reason when i write a blog..................Most of the time when i am happy & feel like smiling, i immediately jump on the blogger site to write my set of stories. A day before yesterday, i was so tired & was feeling very sad. Most of the time when i am sad, i try to go near by a market or a shopping mall that really delight me......I was just sitting at Subway restaurant with my Foot-long veggie delite thinking about - Why is it difficult to smile? When you feel that it is really difficult to smile everything seems to you very irritating, jokes looks like foolish, people looks like enemies, you want to be all alone, you don't get delighted with any big or good news........The same feelings are all around me, i am feeling difficult to smile, even there are lot of reasons to smile but yet my face is empty................. Napoleon Bonaparte said- "Everything is possible in his dictionary&q

Confused between Love & Infatuation...................................

Love & Infatuation are two different things, how many times did you felt that you are in love but actually its not love & is thought of your mind. 90% cases are such where we feel like love but in reality its not love but infatuation.  Before i move forward describing each of the words - Love & Infatuation, let us understand the meaning of each of these words: Love  is described as: a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. sexual passion or desire. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart. infatuation  is described as a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration temporary love of an adolescent an object of extravagant short-lived passion Symptoms of love vs infatuation The foremost symptom of being infatuated by a person is wanting to be around that person. This may sometimes also be sexual des