Skip to main content

Greedy Plan......

Dear Readers,

I am back after long illness which had made me weak, tiring & lazy....Although i was lazy before illness as well, but seems i had gone more lazy these days...............Anyways i was trying to put this story in to my blog for a while but was not able to get this into the words.......At last i am posting this today......this story is a funnier one & i am sure it will bring a ting of smile on your face & widen your cheeks........Hehhehehehehe

It was a summer of Year 1997, i was through with my 10th standard board examinations & there was a gap of few days before i join the coaching classes for 11th standard. On the other side my sister was through with her 12th standard exams. Since she had done her 10+2 from a college in Punjab, where at that time Punjabi was a mandatory subject to pass through the exams & sis was very poor with the subject........I hope my sis don't read my blogs else she is going to kill me............

Twist in the story is that since her Punjabi exam didn't went well so she was pretty tensed with the same & she told dad that please try contacting somebody in the Punjab Education Board to be lenient on mark-sheet for Punjabi subject. My family from my mother's side is a family of teachers & head masters, my grandpa was a retired headmaster. All my Uncles (Mother's brother) are teachers, so my father thought of contacting one of my Uncle living in a village Marudha. At that time telephone lines were not available in the villages & no cell phone had hit neither in our town Una nor in my uncle's village. There were BSNL landlines which were available with limited editions. STD & PCO were doing good business in the villages at that time.

Since i was having the vacations, so my father planned sending me to my uncle's place with my sister's roll number. Although through my childhood i had lived independently for which i give full credit to my father who had given me space. One of my cousin brother who is younger to me was at our place that time, who came along with me in this trip. Uncle's house was around 3hrs journey on Bus, as it was located up in the hills. I was very much excited because my father had given us 200 Rupees for 'onwards & return' journey. More excitement was about to make money of this trip. My Plan was that bus ticket onwards & return for both of us will not cost more than 150Rupees. In addition to this Uncle will give 100Rupees to us as we were visiting him after a long time.

We started our journey in the morning & reached Barsar a place from where we have to board another bus. We were just waiting for the bus & instinctively an idea came into my mind, An Idea which can change the world............heheheheheh........Well the idea was why don't we go on feets for 14Kms till Uncle's place by which we would save another 25 Rupees. We started walking it was around 11am when we started, slowly steadily we kept walking for 5Kms & there i got to remember that my shoes are just brand new. Being a teenager i was very particular about my new bought outs. I thought walking bare foot, so that my shoes remain intact & brand new. I took my shoes on my shoulders & we kept walking. Roads were not as smooth as we have today, road was rough & being a hilly area there are lot of ups & downs passing by the hill. We kept walking slowly steadily & by the time we reached uncle's place it was already 4pm in the evening.

We greedy people were badly tired & were very hungry, Aunti was somewhere on the hill to get the grass for the cattle's & Uncle had still not reached back from School. We were sitting outside their door waiting them to come back. At-last, uncle came by 5:30pm & within half an Aunti came back with grass from the hills. I gave my sister's roll number to my uncle & told him about Sister's Punjabi exam. He assured that he will try contacting somebody with whatever help he may be able to get. Myself & my cousin brother rushed to eat dinner as my aunt prepared it for all of us. In the morning we have to return from uncle's place towards home. This was the time i thought that we will be having a note of 100 in our pocket, unfortunately uncle left to school with out giving single penny to us & all my dreams got scattered with a big embarrassment on my face.
While return journey my cousin asked me Brother - will we again go walking 14Kms & my reply was a big Nooooooo.............

On the return journey we ate snacks & cold drink of hard earned saved money, My cousin told this story to all my family back at home with full spice & everybody was laughing like hahhahahahahahahahaaha & i was hiding my face with embarrassment. I still laugh alone whenever i remember this story of mine...........


Moral of the story: Do not be greedy. Be contented with what you have, and do not wish for what you do not own.
 



     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to bring SMILE :-) when it is difficult to?

Its been longtime since i am writing this blog, there are reason when i write a blog..................Most of the time when i am happy & feel like smiling, i immediately jump on the blogger site to write my set of stories. A day before yesterday, i was so tired & was feeling very sad. Most of the time when i am sad, i try to go near by a market or a shopping mall that really delight me......I was just sitting at Subway restaurant with my Foot-long veggie delite thinking about - Why is it difficult to smile? When you feel that it is really difficult to smile everything seems to you very irritating, jokes looks like foolish, people looks like enemies, you want to be all alone, you don't get delighted with any big or good news........The same feelings are all around me, i am feeling difficult to smile, even there are lot of reasons to smile but yet my face is empty................. Napoleon Bonaparte said- "Everything is possible in his dictionary&q

Confused between Love & Infatuation...................................

Love & Infatuation are two different things, how many times did you felt that you are in love but actually its not love & is thought of your mind. 90% cases are such where we feel like love but in reality its not love but infatuation.  Before i move forward describing each of the words - Love & Infatuation, let us understand the meaning of each of these words: Love  is described as: a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. sexual passion or desire. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart. infatuation  is described as a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration temporary love of an adolescent an object of extravagant short-lived passion Symptoms of love vs infatuation The foremost symptom of being infatuated by a person is wanting to be around that person. This may sometimes also be sexual des

My First Interview for Marriage Proposal

I was recovering from my viral fever & all hats of to my mom whose efforts had made me recovered so quickly. My platelet counts had gone below the standard mark & I had to take off from my office for almost 2 weeks. I informed my father about illness & requested if they can come for a while to take care of me. Since my mother is a heart patient so we generally avoid giving her shock or any such news which disturbs her. My father told her that we are going to Gurgaon for a while to meet Tinku & will stay for atleast 2-3days. (Tinku is my pet name, so don’t make a joke of it ok.) My mother was over surprised because my father hardly gets space/ time from his job. He loves his job more than my mother, so it was hard for my mother to swallow it so quickly. She had the only thought in her mind was of marriage proposal, she had been dreaming for my marriage for more than a year. Reality was hard for her to see as she got to know about my illness only when she arrived at m