Skip to main content

My Last Train of 2009

Dear Readers,

Today is 4th day of the year 2010 & i am traveling in Kalka-Delhi Shatabdi after my supplier visit in Mohali. Well end of year 2009 will be in my remembrance, which might be fun story to hear about which will surely bring smile on your faces.

Date: 31.Dec.2009
Being a last day of the month, being a last of the year, my day was pretty long! Early in the morning our business unit head came to my desk & told me about a customer complaint which had been raised by our marketing head. This complaint was more related to the packaging of our parts, where the secondary packaging had broken during sea transit. After discussing this problem with my business head i rushed to nearest freight station at Patparganj along with one of our materials buyer to review the incoming packaging from supplier at port.
We reached at around 12:00 noon & it took us around 2 & half hours there to review & analyze the problem. By the time i reached back office, it was already 4pm. There were still couple of works to end my day, as i am looking after export logistics operations for my unit I need to close the export sales for the month. Close to 7pm i got free & it was the time for me to rush back to home. Before closing the day, i checked out my status for the booked tickets in Tatkal from Delhi to UNA. I was leaving home to enjoy my New Year 2010 along with my parents at my home town Una (Himachal Pradesh). My tickets just got confirmed as chart had been prepared. I called up Anshuman who dropped me on his bike at Kapasera border. I hired an autorikshaw from there till Sector9 Dwarka Metro station. I checked my watch & it was showing 8:45pm, when i reached Metro station at Dwarka. It took me close to 1hour & 15 minutes to reach Chandni chowk metro station.
10:00pm on my watch, I was standing right infront of Old Delhi railway station where i had to board my train Himachal Express. I saw the timetable of the arrival of my train & platform, the train was expected to arrive at platform#8. This was my last train of 2009.
Since i had been traveling through this train for last 5-7years from Delhi to Una, departure time of this train from Delhi was 11:20pm which never got changed during last so many years & i never saw it leaving right on departure time. I went to the comesum restaurant which is just outside to old Delhi railway station. I settled with a grilled Sandwich & cappuccino. I knew the train would never arrive on the platform before 11:30pm, so i ordered for another grilled sandwich. I got out slowly & steadily from the restaurant & started moving towards platform. 10:40 pm on my watch & I was standing at platform#8, which was looking pretty deserted, i thought i am early than expected. To cross -check that Himachal express is coming on the platform#8, i checked at one of the tea stalls. He told me in a very lazy tone - "Himachal Express had already left 15-20mins back", i was little surprised then thought this guy might be new at the stall & is not aware of the train arrival timings. I checked at another stall & answer was same.

I don't know why for first time instead of being panic, i was smiling on my blunder carelessness & the only thought which came into my mind was a new story to be posted on my blog.Each of my stories bring some learning to me & my readers. Hope you all have learned something with some fun & please ensure next time you travel by train do check the departure time on the ticket. My train ticket was showing departure time as 10:15pm which i saw later. hahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

Wish you all Warm & Healthy Happy New Year 2010


Luv U all
Devu

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Bro,

Again this had happened with u! u r a real crap. Last time when u were going to pune also the same story happened. This is a really funny story but from ur end heart-breaking, nerve-cracking experiences.

Take a new year resolution from now u will have to never miss any train. Better idea, stuck a copy of ticket on ur message board.
If not possible, then i will talk to mamata di to give u some special time relaxations to u (just joking).

Bye with good luck (for safely & timely boarding on train).....

Arnab Roy
Devendra said…
Brother

Thanks for your advice, there are few people who are difficult to change & i am on of them. My heights of carelessness can be booked in the Limca book of records. Hhahahahaha
Still try to follow your suggestions.

Popular posts from this blog

How to bring SMILE :-) when it is difficult to?

Its been longtime since i am writing this blog, there are reason when i write a blog..................Most of the time when i am happy & feel like smiling, i immediately jump on the blogger site to write my set of stories. A day before yesterday, i was so tired & was feeling very sad. Most of the time when i am sad, i try to go near by a market or a shopping mall that really delight me......I was just sitting at Subway restaurant with my Foot-long veggie delite thinking about - Why is it difficult to smile? When you feel that it is really difficult to smile everything seems to you very irritating, jokes looks like foolish, people looks like enemies, you want to be all alone, you don't get delighted with any big or good news........The same feelings are all around me, i am feeling difficult to smile, even there are lot of reasons to smile but yet my face is empty................. Napoleon Bonaparte said- "Everything is possible in his dictionary&q

Confused between Love & Infatuation...................................

Love & Infatuation are two different things, how many times did you felt that you are in love but actually its not love & is thought of your mind. 90% cases are such where we feel like love but in reality its not love but infatuation.  Before i move forward describing each of the words - Love & Infatuation, let us understand the meaning of each of these words: Love  is described as: a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend. sexual passion or desire. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart. infatuation  is described as a foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration temporary love of an adolescent an object of extravagant short-lived passion Symptoms of love vs infatuation The foremost symptom of being infatuated by a person is wanting to be around that person. This may sometimes also be sexual des

My First Interview for Marriage Proposal

I was recovering from my viral fever & all hats of to my mom whose efforts had made me recovered so quickly. My platelet counts had gone below the standard mark & I had to take off from my office for almost 2 weeks. I informed my father about illness & requested if they can come for a while to take care of me. Since my mother is a heart patient so we generally avoid giving her shock or any such news which disturbs her. My father told her that we are going to Gurgaon for a while to meet Tinku & will stay for atleast 2-3days. (Tinku is my pet name, so don’t make a joke of it ok.) My mother was over surprised because my father hardly gets space/ time from his job. He loves his job more than my mother, so it was hard for my mother to swallow it so quickly. She had the only thought in her mind was of marriage proposal, she had been dreaming for my marriage for more than a year. Reality was hard for her to see as she got to know about my illness only when she arrived at m